Outreaching to a prospect isn’t easy and there are a lot of preparation work that needs to be done before you begin your outreach process. The most important thing that you need to do before outreaching to a prospect is having the correct research process in place or else it will be a massive waste of your time and effort.
Since research is so important, let’s break down the basic questions that you should ask yourself before reaching out to a prospect:
- Are they a good fit for your product?
- Do they belong to the industry that you are targeting?
- Who is the decision maker within the company that will be making the purchase?
- What’s the main selling point of your product? Will it make their lives easier?
- What other information do I need beside an email that will make my outreach process easier? For example: phone number, linkedin profiles, company size etc.
There’s a lot more other research information that you need to have in the process, but for now we’ll stick with these main ones. With this in mind, there’s a few ways you can approach this research process.
- Assign someone from your team to do the manual research process and pass that information to your SDR to do the outreach prospecting.
- Purchase a list of high-quality leads with all the research information included.
Let’s talk about the first option. You can assign someone from your team to do the manual research. This will cost time, resource, training time, and money, but you can create a process around it.
For this situation, it’s best to hire a well experienced SDR in this your space to do the research. This requires minimum training and the SDR can also help out with the initial outreach process as well.
The downside of course is that it cost a lot more to hire in house than to outsource it.
The second option is to use a service or solution to do the research information for you. This is the quickest way to get the job done without having to spend too much of your sales and marketing budget.
You shouldn’t just outsource your research and lead generation process to any service. You want to make sure that the list that you are buying will come with accurate and updated information. Remember, time is everything and if your SDR spends a few minutes to craft personalized email based on the research information and the email is incorrect, then it’s a waste of time. So, with that in mind, choose a firm wisely.
Pick a solution that works for you and make sure that you do your research before outreaching to maximize your results.
If you’re looking for highly qualified and targeted sales leads that converts, check out GrowthOK